Romans is focussed on the Integrity of God. This integrity is tested by accusations that God is essentially hypocritical. So God is challenged and Romans reaffirms that:
- God will judge the Wicked, even if it looks like he won’t. (ch 1)
- God does justify the Ungodly through Faith in Christ (Ro 3.26)
- All things do work together for good to those that love God and are called according to his purpose (8.28)
- God has kept his promises to Israel (9-11)
- God has loved us in Jesus Christ, and nothing “will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord” (8.39)
- Our duty is to show genuine love, because we have been shown genuine love in the gospel of Jesus Christ. (12.9).
So the integrity of God is displayed even in the integrity of Christian love. This is a connecting thread through Romans.